We currently have 6 vets, together with a further 15 support staff, all seeking to ensure the best service possible for you and your animals. We have now divided our vets into large (horse and cattle) and small animal (pet) teams to provide your animals with the best service we can.
• Simon Hiles has been a director of this practice since 1997. He is usually found at our Ladybank clinic. His main interests are in the agricultural sector, and also in equine reproduction work. Outside work he produces his own pottery in his back garden.
• Will Goad joined the company as a director in 1998. He is usually based in St Andrews, with a special interest in small animal surgery. Most of his leisure time is spent with his family, including his three sons, and young Beagle. Will is also a keen runner and cyclist, and enjoys long adventure-type events across the country. You may sometimes see sponsor forms for these in the clinic as he is looking to raise his second thousand pounds for a variety of veterinary and human charities.
• Laura Rennie joined the practice in 2006, and is primarily involved in the equine side of the practice. She has a particular interest in equine internal medicine and reproduction. Her agricultural background and previous M.Sc. and M.Phil. in dairy cow welfare means that she also enjoys the general aspects of the farming side of the business. She divides her leisure time between her Patterdale Terriers and pet sheep, as well as showing and eventing on her horses.
• Mairi Nicholson first joined the practice in 2007 and works with our small animal team in our St Andrews and Newport branches. Upon qualifying she spent time in mixed practice before working abroad for animal charities and completing a small animal internship at (Dick) Edinburgh Vet School. She is currently working towards a specialist small animal certificate. In her spare time she enjoys the outdoors – sea kayaking, running and walking – but now spends all her time when not at work chasing after her two small children.
• Shona Morrison joined the practice in 2011 after working elsewhere in Fife for four years. She is mostly based in the St Andrews & Newport clinics. She specialises in small animals and has a special interest in diagnostic imaging. She lives locally with her husband and cats, and in her spare time enjoys horse riding and playing netball.
• Heather McCabe joined our small animal team in 2012 after working in mixed practice in Northumberland and locuming throughout the UK. She grew up in Wormit and started seeing practice with us when she was just 12. She enjoys the outdoor life with her dog Roddy, and is a keen musician.